I am hearing more and more that the local food pantries are running low on food due to our economy being in the state that it is.
This is one of the reasons that I started Frugal Diva Frenzy besides to help other’s to save money on their monthly budgets of course. If we all give a little the pantries can maintain what they need to help others. They count on support from all of us to keep their doors open and helping those in need.
A couple years ago, we had a restaurant and when we decided to close it we called the local food pantries to pick up all the food that we had still left from it. We gave some to several of them that were running low on food and were on the verge of closing their doors. It was so amazing to load the trucks up and then unload them to see all the people knowing the pantries wouldn’t be closing that they had food to hold them for a little while till they could get more donations.
How can you help the local pantries?
* Donate some of the items that you get for free from using coupons. Juices, canned foods, boxed foods, and whatever else you can give.
* They always need deodorant, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioners, and other personal care items. Sign up for freebies you won’t use and donate them.
* Clean out your pantry of items you won’t use and donate them.
* Donate clothes that your children or family members will no longer use.
* Donate your Garage sale items that didn’t sell that they can use.
There is always a way to help out and not have it cost you a lot to do so. If we all do our part then people who are homeless due to the economy, children, and others will not have to go without a meal tonight. So please consider helping however you can. You never know if one of those people your helping is someone you know who is to proud to tell you that they need it.