It’s the perfect time to start to get ready for the holidays coming up so your prepared to have fun with the family. The Boy Elf on the Shelf, The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with North Pole Blue Eyed Boy Elf with Bonus DVD for $39.95 shipped,
The Elf on the Shelf Girl Elf Edition with North Pole Blue Eyed Girl Elf and Girl-character themed Storybook with Snowflake Skirt $29.95,
Elf on the Shelf Light Girl $24.99.
HOW IT WORKS:
The kit comes with an elf doll and a book. The book explains that Santa has sent an elf to watch over the children and the elf reports back to Santa each night. The kids get to decide the name for the elf together – this is a touch decision! You read through the book with your child, it explains all the rules, then each night you move the elf to a new spot. One of the rules is that the children cannot touch him – this is a great rule because although he’s a sturdy doll, I think he might get loved out much too quickly if they were allowed! The author was so thoughtful to think of all these helpful rules.
* The children cannot touch the elf or he will lose his magic
* The elf can listen to what the children tell him, but cannot talk back, that’s Santa’s law.
* The elf flies back to the North Pole each night and tells Santa what he has seen – when he comes back he goes to a new spot in the house.
The kids start searching for the elf immediately when they wake up! Knowing Santa is watching has definitely motivated them to be a behave a bit better! This cute little tradition makes the Christmas season more fun. It’s a very special tradition in our house. I love that the book has an old fashioned feel to it, the illustrations are wonderful.
* Your children will ask you every night from Halloween to Thankgiving when the elf is coming back!
* You have to remember to move the elf every night! Sometimes this is a bit of a challenge for us. 🙂 However, our elf does sometimes just get comfy in the spot he’s in, so he must have decided to come back to the same spot.