Chili Mac is one of our favorite comfort foods during the winter months. We have eaten Chili Mac since we were children. Chili Mac just adds pasta to the Chili but makes it a little more filling. It’s a more hearty meal for the family and you can make a large pot, you can freeze the Chili and add the noodles when you heat it up again. It will make a great meal when your sick for the family and you can just heat and serve it or add the noodles for Chili Mac.
Your family is sure to love this meal and request it often as it’s easy to make but shhhhhh…don’t tell them that. I usually make a couple of pots of Chili at a time so that I can freeze them and have them on hand for busy nights. It’s the perfect meal for when your having company as well. You can also place it in bread bowls to make an even better meal. There are so many options that you can do with this meal. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does.
2 lbs Ground Beef
2 14 oz to 15 oz cans of Kidney beans
2 lb elbow macaroni
1 1/2 Onions chopped into little pieces
1 1/2 cups chopped Celery
2 Green Peppers seeded and cut into little pieces
2 Large Cans Tomato Sauce
2 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomato
1 Garlic Clove
2 TBSP Chili Powder
2 TBSP Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Beer (Optional)
* Cut up the celery, green pepper and onion into pieces
* Brown Ground Beef with Celery, Onion and Green pepper
* Drain the meat and return to your large pot
* Mix in the Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes, and Beer and stir all together
at medium heat
* Add your Kidney beans and spices after 10 minutes
* After 30 minutes of letting everything cook add in your Elbow Macaroni to the pot and let noodles cook till they are cooked.
* Serve in a bread bowl or Bowl with Crackers