This light, fluffy, Chocolate Cherry Granola Parfait is perfect for any time of the day. It’s a great way to cool off from the summer heat, to serve to guests at your get together or as a perfect snack for the family. It boasts beautiful flavors as well as colors. This is one of my family favorites to get granola into my children. I sometimes make it with Strawberries as well and it’s just as delicious. If your using Strawberries you can choose to use fresh strawberry or strawberries with Strawberry glaze.
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3 Cups milk
3 TBS butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8 oz) container of Cool-Whip
1 (8 oz) Bag Of your favorite Granola
1 (16 oz) Can of Cherry Pie Filling
* In a Saucepan, I mix all the dry ingredients so that they are combined well
* I add 1 cup of milk and mix it together with a whisk over a low heat
* Add 1 cup of milk after a few minutes of heat and continue to whisk
* Turn the heat up Add Rest of the Milk and whisk bring the pudding mixture to a boil but be sure to continue to whisk so that it does not stick to the bottom (Only boil for about a minute or so)
* Take Off the heat and add your butter, vanilla, and whisk it all together again, being careful not to whisk to fast as it’s very hot and will stick to your skin of splashed.
* Put your Chocolate Pie Filling into a large bowl and let set for 4-6 hours
* When the Chocolate Pie Filling is set, whip in the Cool-whip till the chocolate pudding is light and fluffy
* You will add about 3-4 Tablespoons into your Parfait cups, then top with 4 Tablespoons of Cherry Pie filling.
* Add your 4-5 Tablespoons of Granola and then you will top your granola with 3-4 Tablespoons of your Fluffy Chocolate Pie Filling and repeat these steps till your parfait cups are filled to where you would like them.