This is a dish that my mom has made since we were little. I’m not sure where it started but it’s a family favorite. Now, I make it for my children and it’s always a huge hit. My children’s friends even love it and I have shared the recipe with their parents so they can make it as well.
It’s a very simple dish to create but tastes so good! We usually serve it with a veggie and fruit so that we have all of the food groups covered. My son wanted pasta with it this time so the sides are a little different as his fruit he had for his snack later before bed. The kids request this meal a lot and it’s a great comfort food as well.
8 hot dogs
6 servings of mashed potatoes
4 slices of Kraft American cheese
* Make 6 servings of mashed potatoes as directed on box of Mashed Potatoes
* Slice your hot dogs length wise and not all the way through so that they can be stuffed
* Once your mashed potatoes are done line the hot dogs with them
* Break the cheese slices in half and place over the top of the mashed potatoes
* Bake in the oven at 350 till the cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes
Now you can serve with your favorite veggie and fruit for the family to have your full meal. This meal will make enough for 4-5 people. They are filling adults will usually eat 2 and children will usually eat 1 hot dog each.