Oh the creamy, rich, fluffy texture of this pie, could have you begging for more! It is so light and airy that everyone will ask you how to get their pies to look as good as yours. I made this pie and I kid you not within an hour or two the whole pie was gone! My children will eat Chocolate Cream Pie like it is going out of style and then ask me to make another one! You would think that I would have smartened up and started to make two pies every time but nooooooo! I do get one piece of it before they inhale it.
I can’t say as I blame them with all the chocolate goodness in this pie. I just have to remember to make two of them and we will be set for at least two days. lol I’m lucky I got a photo of my pie before I ate it because if I make it at night when they are sleeping, come the morning they have already sniffed it out and are begging for a piece. I make them wait till after lunch at least to have some.
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3 Cups milk
3 TBS butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8 oz) container of Cool-Whip
* In a Saucepan, I mix all the dry ingredients so that they are combined well
* I add 1 cup of milk and mix it together with a whisk over a low heat
* Add 1 cup of milk after a few minutes of heat and continue to whisk
* Turn the heat up Add Rest of the Milk and whisk bring the pudding mixture to a boil but be sure to continue to whisk so that it does not stick to the bottom (Only boil for about a minute or so)
* Take Off the heat and add your butter, vanilla, and whisk it all together again, being careful not to whisk to fast as it’s very hot and will stick to your skin of splashed.
* Pour into a 9″ Pie Crust or Graham Cracker Crust and let cool for 4-6 hours
* Top your pie with Cool Whip and you can garnish with Chocolate chips, Chocolate Shavings, Oreo Cookies Crushed or anything else you would like to