I love Pumpkin Pie so I thought what if I made a Pumpkin Pie Waffle. I wonder would it taste just like the pie??? I was excited to find out, so I mixed up the batter and OMG! These waffles are just amazing! I topped them with a Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a little whip cream they were delicious! We will be making them a lot more often now!
The Vanilla Bean Ice Cream just makes it taste even more like Pumpkin Pie to our family. Now you can not blame me if your family requests these delicious waffles all the time. On the plus side, you can double or triple the recipe and freeze some of them as well. Then just pop them in the toaster and heat them up in the mornings and the family can enjoy them.
Makes 4 to 6 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker
1 can Pumpkin Puree
3 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/8 tsp Ground Clove
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Ginger
4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 1/3 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice on top of them both
* In a Large Bowl mix together the Pumpkin Puree, Ginger, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ground Clove, salt, and Sugar. It will be lumpy but do not worry about making it smooth
* Stir in the Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda, it will still be a little lumpy
* In another bowl mix together your Milk, Vanilla, and eggs together once they are all combined add them into the other bowl and mix together well.
* Heat your Waffle Iron till it is ready for your Waffle Mixture.
* Spray Cooking Spray on your Waffle Iron to ensure that the waffles will not stick
* Pour your Waffle mix onto the waffle iron and wait for the Waffle Iron to tell you that your waffles are cooked, my waffle iron has a green light that comes on when the waffles are done.
* I take a fork and lightly lift around the edges of the waffle to make it easy to put on a plate.
* Top the Waffle with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Whip Cream before serving