There are so many possible variations with this dish to make it fit your families needs. You could use vegan crumbles, ground turkey, or ground beef to make this meal for your family depending on your dietary needs. Now I had not made the Spaghetti squash before for my family and now I’m wondering what took me so long! We will be making it a lot more often, as it’s just delicious. If your lacking Potassium this is the perfect way to also keep your potassium levels where they need to be in a delicious way.
I also learned a few tips that I want to share with you when you make the Spaghetti squash. After your done baking it, I found that if you squeeze the water out of the squash it makes a better presentation on the plate. If you do not it comes out a little watery, so this helps with making a great presentation on the plate.
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1 lb of ground beef
1 Green Pepper
1- 14.9 oz can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
1/4 cup onion diced
1- 32 Oz can Tomatoes sauce
1 tsp Parsley flakes
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp ground Sage
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sugar
Parmesan Cheese for the topping
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* You will want to brown your ground beef with onion and green pepper, be sure to drain it and run a little hot water over the top to get added grease off so that your sauce doesn’t have the dreaded extra grease in your sauce.
* Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half, place in a baking pan with 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pan.
* Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, just until the fork goes into the squash easily, while the squash is in the oven, you will make your sauce.
* Use a fork to make the strings of squash spaghetti and place it on a platter.
* Once you have drained your ground beef return it to the skillet and add in your other ingredients except for the Sugar and Parmesan Cheese. Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes while your squash is cooking so they will be finished at the same time.
Place the squash noodles down on the platter and then top with your sauce. Just before serving sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.