I have made this cake for a long time, it’s a family favorite and was my Father-In-Laws favorite cake so he would request it every time we went to visit. It’s a easy cake filled with so much flavor and goodness. I love how fluffy, light, and delicious this cake is. I get a craving for it often myself, so I declared today chocolate day at our house! I can’t tell you how excited my family was hearing that it was Chocolate day and that I was making their favorite cake. I announced it in the morning, and my daughter looked at me and said…”I have a feeling today is going to be a VERY good day!” lol
Let’s face it chocolate makes those bad days turn into good days. It doesn’t matter what is going on, it’s a perfect day when you have chocolate! Well, maybe it’s just our house…but it can’t hurt to try it to see if it makes your bad day better. 😉 Your going to love how easy it is to make, everyone will be asking for the recipe as well. You can call it a Caramel Delight cake if your not a fan of the “Better Then Sex Cake” name. I have done that myself depending on who is at my home when I serve it or if I bring it as a dish to pass.
Ingredients you will need for this chocolate cake recipe:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Stick butter
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup water
1 (8oz) Container Cool Whip
1 Jar Mrs. Richards Butterscotch Caramel
1 bag Heath toffee chips or 5 Health Toffee Candy bars beaten so they are in pieces (I use a hammer)
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
* Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
* In a small Bowl Mix all your dry ingredients (Flour, Cinnamon, baking soda) Do Not add sugar or Cocoa till they are combined well. Set to the side.
* In a Large Bowl mix together your Butter and Sugar. Add your eggs into the bowl and mix well.
* In a small pan add your water and heat slightly, add your cocoa to the water and stir till it is all combined into a thick mixture and add it to your large bowl with the Butter, Sugar and eggs that you have already mixed up.
* You will now add your Dry ingredients, Milk, and vanilla to the large bowl and mix till all the ingredients are blended well. Be sure to use a spatula to make sure all the dry ingredients are mixed in and not sitting on the bottom of your bowl.
* Grease your square baking pan to bake your cake in and lightly flour it so that the cake will not stick to the pan. Pour your cake into your pan to bake. You will bake your cake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. You can check it at 26 minutes with a toothpick to see if it is done. Some ovens will bake it a little quicker then others so you want to make sure your cake is perfect.
* While your cake is hot take a fork and poke holes all over the top of your cake. You will pour the Sweetened Condensed Milk and Richard’s Butterscotch Caramel over the top of the cake and let it soak into the cake while it cools.
* Once your cake is cooled, top with your Cool Whip
* Once your cool Whip is added then top it with your Toffee Chips
Your cake is now complete and ready for serving. Be sure to keep it in the fridge when your not serving it.