There is never a wrong time to make homemade Sloppy Joes! Well at least for our family there is no wrong time! This Sloppy Joe recipe has a tangy and a little sweet flavor to it. It’s so delicious and you can make a large amount easily for a get together or to freeze for a later time to save you cooking time. I love to make a triple batch and freeze them in portions that are enough for just one Sloppy Joe so that if I’m busy the kids can just microwave it and make their own lunch.
There are a lot of Sloppy Joe recipes, some sweet, tangy or some are just to salty for our family. So I created this recipe that is just perfect for our family and I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours. Get ready, set, cook!
2 lbs Ground Beef
1/2 Onion Chopped
1/2 Green Pepper Chopped
2 cups of Ketchup
1/4 cup White Vinegar
2 TBSP Mustard
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
* Add Ground Beef, Onion and Green Pepper into a skillet and Brown Ground beef
* Drain Ground Beef Mixture and return to the skillet
* Add all other ingredients and cook on Medium heat for 20 minutes
* Taste the Sloppy Joes to see if it’s to sweet or to tangy
* If the Sauce has to much of a Ketchup flavor add 1 TBSP Brown Sugar, if to sweet add a 1-2 TBSP Ketchup till it has a great flavor
* Heat your hamburger buns, toast or just use regular or Potato Rolls to serve it on
Makes 15 Sloppy Joe Sandwiches (Depending on how much Sloppy Joe you put on each sandwich