OMG! Is it me or do these homemade chocolate chip cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches look delicious! They taste as good as they look as well. They are a great summer treat to make for the family and keep in the freezer for when they want a treat. You can use other cookies as well to make them with, our family loves chocolate chip cookies so I made them with those because of that reason.
They are perfect for when the kids have friends over as well to cool down with after playing hard outside. Your house will be the favorite house on the block! You can make several of them and just put them into individual quart size freezer bags so they are ready when your family would like one.
1 1/2 sticks Margarine or butter at room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
This will make about 1 1/2 to 2 Dozen cookies because your making larger cookies for the sandwiches
* Cream your butter/margarine and sugars together in a large Bowl
* add your eggs and vanilla to the Bowl with the butter/margarine and stir it together till well mixed with the mixer
* In a Large bowl Mix together your flour, salt, baking Soda, Cinnamon mix them till they are all combined with a fork or spoon
* Slowly pour in your Dry ingredients and mix them with the mixer into your butter/margarine, egg and sugar mixture till you have it all incorporated into a nice dough
* Stir in your chocolate chips into the dough with a spoon or fork till they are mixed in
* You will want to use a Tablespoon to make your cookies, get a full tablespoon and a half, and then make them into a ball and place them on a cookie sheet. You will only fit about 6 cookies on a sheet due to the size of them.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes depending on your oven it may be 8-10 minutes but check them in 5 minutes to see how they are doing so that you don’t over cook them.
* Place on a cooling rack to cool.
* Once the cookies are cooled work with two cookies at a time, spoon the ice cream flavor of choice onto your cookie. Put the other cookie on top and then place in a freezer bag and into the freezer and continue till they are all done. If your Ice Cream starts to melt, put it back in the freezer for a little bit and then continue to make them.