Don’t worry; there are pieces that are 100% worth the investment. While there are some things you can wait on purchasing, especially if you just bought your place, there are other items that are always worth investing in right away. Take a look at our top must-have pieces:
- A comfortable mattress: One of the most important items in your home will be the bed. After all, your sleep is paramount to happy living and if you don’t have a comfortable place to lay down, you’ll soon find that you won’t even enjoy your new home. The most important piece of a bed is the mattress, so take your time shopping for the option that works best for you. From the best hybrid mattress to a memory foam option, there are mattress styles for a variety of needs. If there’s one item you should take your time investing in, it would be a mattress–make it a priority.
- A bookcase: If you love reading, you’ve probably collected a variety of books over the years. When it comes to décor, one of the best items you’ll find in any home would be a bookcase. It can help to fill an empty space in your living room or look amazing in your home office.
- A great couch: One of the second most important pieces of furniture you’ll have in your home will be a couch. Finding the perfect couch for your home can take a lot of research and planning, as you will want it to work with the other pieces in the space. Consider the size of your living room, the setup you’ll need or want, as well as the color theme of other items in the same area, including everything from the rug to the paint on the walls. From velvet couches to leather ones, there are so many different options that could work for your new home.
- A dining room table set: It can be a challenge to eat in other areas of your home and not the best for either your digestion or longevity of your furniture pieces, so make sure you get a great dining room set or at least stools for your kitchen countertop if that’s your go-to style for eating meals.
- A lovely desk: Pre-pandemic, a lot of people had home offices, but for those who didn’t, working from home has taught many of us just how important it is to have a great setup for work while you’re stuck inside. Once you return to the office, you may still want to maintain a home office setup for special projects or work you may take home. Trust me; you’ll want to invest in that dream desk!
- An incredible rug: If there’s an item that pulls everything together in the most visited room in the home (the living room), it would be a rug. You’ll want to think about shopping for the couch and rug around the same time so you can make sure that they combine well, as a rug that doesn’t look good with your other big pieces of furniture can be an eyesore.
Congratulations on your new place! When shopping around for your new furniture, consider purchasing these above-mentioned items first, as they can help make your home life comfortable and relaxing.